It’s simple to purchase a bed for yourself, but there are many considerations to think about when selecting a bed for your kids. There are overwhelmingly a wide variety of styles and sizes, that comes with different safety features, and how long it can last.
To assist you in selecting the ideal high-quality children’s bed for your little one, we’ll cover everything from cribs to multiple kids bed designs that we offer at Kuhl Home Singapore. Lucky for you, our kids beds brands: Lifetime Kidsrooms, Oliver Furniture and Leander, are crafted from high quality materials that are long-lasting and safe for your children.
Infancy (0-2 Years Old)
Linea Cot by Leander
- Choose a cot or bassinet: A cot or bassinet is the best option for a child in this age range. It is most favorable to look for one that meets safety standards and has the option of a firm, flat mattress with a fitted sheet. At this age, you should avoid using soft bedding, such as blankets or pillows, as they can increase the risk of accidents happening.
- Consider the size of the cot and its modularity: The bed should be the right size for your young one. A cot is typically the best choice for infants, while a bassinet can be used for younger babies. Make sure the bed is not too big or too small for your child, as this can be dangerous.
- Look for safety features: Look for a bed that has safety features such as sturdy rails to prevent your child from falling out of bed. The slats on the crib should be no more than 2 3/8 inches apart to prevent your child from getting stuck between them.
- Check for any potential hazards: Check the bed for any potential hazards, such as sharp edges or loose screws before your purchase. Make sure the bed is stable and won’t tip over when you leave your child unattended during their sleep.
Selecting a bed for your child between the ages of 0 to 2 years old requires careful consideration of safety and comfort features. With the right bed, your little one can sleep soundly and safely throughout the night with no problems.
Young Toddler (3-4 Years Old)
Classic Baby-Junior Bed by Leander
When selecting a bed for a child between the ages of 3 to 4 years old, you may want to consider transitioning from a cot that can be converted into a toddler bed. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting a bed for your child:
- Choose a toddler bed: A toddler bed is a great option for children in this age range. They are lower to the ground than a regular bed, making it easier for your child to get in and out of bed independently.
- Which size? : The bed should be optimized to your child’s height and the comfortability of each kid. A twin or full-sized bed may be too big for your child at this age and might overwhelm your child both in getting in and out. A toddler bed is designed specifically for this age range and can be a good option.
- Consider your child’s preferences: Involve your child in the decision-making process by asking them what kind of bed they would like. This can help them feel more excited about the transition to a new bed.
Choosing a bed for a child between the ages of 3 to 4 years old requires consideration of safety, comfort, and your child’s preferences. With the right bed, your child can feel comfortable, safe, and excited about their new sleeping arrangements.
Toddler (4-6 Years Old)
Low Loft Bed by Lifetime Kidsrooms
- Is it time for a full-sized bed? : A twin or full-sized bed can provide enough space for your child to sleep comfortably as they grow. To fully optimize your purchase, getting a new kids bed at this size is a worthwhile investment. You may want to consider your child’s height and weight to ensure the bed is the right size for them.
- Think about storage options: Some beds come with built-in storage options, such as drawers underneath the bed or a bookshelf at the head of the bed. This can be a convenient way to keep your child’s room organized and clutter-free.
- Bed Themes for unique personalities: A bed with a fun and playful design can add a touch of personality to your child’s room. Consider their interests and hobbies when selecting a bed.
Wood Mini+ Low Loft Bed by Oliver Furniture
As they get older, you can explore risen beds to utilize their room space with other needs like extra leisure space or storage options. This would provide them with the opportunity to take ownership and responsibility of their own rooms.
Pre-Teen (6-12 Years Old)
High Rise Loft Bed with Study Desk by Lifetime Kidsrooms
- Consider your child’s preferences: Involve your child in the decision-making process by asking them what kind of bed they would like. This can help them feel more excited about their new sleeping arrangements.
- Creative Bed Configurations : A bed with a fun and playful design can add a touch of personality to your child’s room. Consider their interests and hobbies when selecting a bed.
- Look for durability: As your child grows, they may become more active in their room. Look for a bed that is durable and can withstand wear and tear.
All-in-One High Rise Bed with Stepladder by Lifetime Kidsrooms
Overall, selecting a bed for a child between the ages of 6 to 12 years old requires consideration of safety, comfort, storage options, design, durability, and your child’s preferences. With the right bed, your child can feel comfortable, safe, and excited about their new sleeping arrangements.
Teenagers (12 Years Old & Up)
Wood Original Day Bed by Oliver Furniture
If you have a teenager, you are aware of how difficult it can be to purchase for your child or children these days. They’ll have strong ideas about what they like and dislike thanks to their newly acquired sense of independence and personal style, and they’ll want to be involved in every purchase you make for them, including their bed. Combining style and functionality when selecting a teenage bed is essential (while allowing them have a voice, of course!).
120 Teen Bed by Lifetime Kidsrooms
Less is more as you get older! With the popular minimalist look for teen aesthetic, our modular beds can be built down into simpler configurations for your teens. Fortunately, our beds are comfortable enough for parents to like them and cool enough to keep picky teens from rolling their eyes.
Visit Our Creative Kids Furniture Showroom
Check out our range of modular, convertible kids beds in our showroom! We have quite the range of children’s bunk beds, loft beds, and single beds. We’re located at 100E Pasir Panjang Road, #08-01, B&D Building, 118521.